Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Is it wrong to be what they call you??

It has been brought to my attention that I "am insatiable". For the majority of you, you are like me and had a WTF moment when you read that.
I have been called a number of things from a mean asshole to God's girft to humanity.........I've heard it all.
Except insatiable.
So I had to go look it up.
Turns out, that the word meant that I was unable to be satisfied.
Someone felt that no matter what I accomplished or what I got,....it would never be enough and I would always want more.
At first, I took this as an insult, and confused it with being ungrateful. But after further research, I was able to learn that it merely meant that I constantly needed to set new and higher goals in my life.
After my initial anger was replaced by an honest realization, that they were right, i came to form this question:
"What's wrong with that?"

Is it wrong to aim for the skies and strive to be all that you can?....
I suppose what they meant was that even after I have reached my goals, I decide that it isn't good enough and I want more.
They could not be more correct........I WANT IT ALL.

I feel like a life without purpose is a life not worth living......Contentment, to me, is death.
If you are satisfied with where you are in life, and do not wish for anything more, then you are wasting God's gift of life.
He has given you what you have....as a stepping stone to reach his next blessing.

What separtates a person who works to survive, from a person who survives to work?????  MOTIVATION.....that's what.

If working to survive is your idea of maximiziong your "one life to live" then, so be it. But as for me, I choose to travel a different path.
I feel that every goal accomplished should be followed up by a more impossible goal. It is through this method of thinking that all the greats have achieved greatness.
When others say NO, I just smile and imagine the look on their facces after I have transformed and unimaginable act, into a simple shrug, indicating that I have "been there, done that  ....(Yawn)"

Before that comment was made to me, I had no clue that I was insatiable. But now....I wear it proudly....like a Phat Azz Platinum Rolex Wristwatch baby........BAM!!!!  In yo face.

I didn't wrtite this blog to motivate myself to aim high....I have always done that.
This blog was written to let you know that it is ok to be insatiable. In fact,.....If you aren't, you are probably wasting some high quality oxygen, and I need as much as I can get. (unless you're from Pittsburg, I heard your air sucks..sorry JKIReal)

No comments: