Saturday, September 10, 2011

a moment of silence

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani" (MATTHEW 27 VS 46')
As Jesus was dying on the cross, these were his final words.

although some of his persecutors thought that he was calling out to the prophet Elijah, the bible defines the words as "my god, my god,.....why have you forsaken me?".

Most people in this world will never know how much people have sacrificed for them.
They only see, know, and care about what they can see.

My great grandmother, grandmother, and mother (same as all fathers), have dedicated blood, sweat, and tears so that I can enjoy freedom......true freedom;

This blog is dedicated to all of those who can understand true sacrifice........
The giving of ones self, for another.
Putting your happiness, life, love, and liberty, aside for others to be able to move on and live productive lives.

On the 10th year anniversary of 9-11,
let us take a moment of silence for all those who have lost a special person on that terrible day.

Where were you?

Where were you when it happened?

I know exactly where I was and what I was doing.
I saw every thing happen like a movie on tv. We were supposed to be watching a movie in class, but the teacher couldn't get the channel correct, because every channel was playing some action flick, filled with explosions and blasts, that the teacher couldn't change. Eventually, we found out that what we were watching wasn't a movie and told to go home and call our families.

My heart goes out to all of those family members of those people who were directly affected by these attacks.
My initial intention  in writing this blog, was to express my feelings about  recent incidents in my life........but,
at the end of the day, I must get over it and realize that my life is so unimportant in the grand scheme of life.

When people let others into their lives, they completely open up themselves to attack, scrutiny, and judgement of their short Cummings.
So when they use these things against you, you should have seen it coming.
keep your enemies close and your friends closer.

No pictures,......no quotes.....just texts, is what i have for this blog.
I have spent this past weekend watching how the family members of the lost souls of 9-11-01 have had to deal with their lost, and came to the conclusion that my petty problems are............well,
petty.
I thought my situation was so important and pressing.
I don't have the spirit to fight for such things anymore like what people think about me.

Sometimes when people go off to war and die..........the ones left behind have the gull to think that their loved ones went to die for themselves.
There is a fine line between the selfish and the selfless.
It is easy to confuse one with the other.

Most people don't think about how the women and children of those who died bravely on 9-11-01 to protect others.....probably were pissed that their loved one sacrificed themselves and their families for complete strangers.....and left them to carry a lifetime burden.
no one ever talks about that. huh?

Sticks and stones, can break the bones of giants......but words can break the heart of a
God.

No comments: